For European conferences a maximum amount of €500,- will be covered. For overseas conferences €1000,- will be made available. Self-evidently these amounts serve as upper limits and only the documented costs will be reimbursed.
Conditions and criteria
- You have to be a member of the VDSP.
- Travel funds can only be used for conferences.
- Mention specifically what you would like to use the budget for (accommodation, travel costs, conference fee).
- You need to have an abstract for either a poster contribution or a talk. Please note that preference is given to a talk.
- The abstracts must have VDS physics in the affiliation: University of Vienna, Faculty of Physics & VDSP (and all other required affiliations), Boltzmanngasse 5, 1090 Vienna
- A student can only be funded once per calendar year. A grant in one year however, does not influence the decision for any other year.
- After the conference a confirmation of attendance is required.
There are four calls per year with a deadline on the 15th of January, April, July and October.
Please send your abstract for the conference to your supervisor. Kindly inform your supervisor that he/she needs to forward the approved application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The assessment and decision will be made by the steering committee a week after the deadline. Given equal qualifications, female researchers will be sent with higher priority.